So much has been written about the availability and necessities of SMART homes, but, while many of these gizmos and gadgets, seem attractive, different, and fun, the reality is, some are much more essential, and make more sense, than others. While, so – called, smart homes, have many advantages, there are issues, to consider, such as, necessity, time savings, cost savings, security considerations, home maintenance, etc. With that in mind, this article will briefly consider, evaluate, discuss, and review, using the mnemonic approach, a few of these, and whether, they fit your needs, budgets, life – style, etc.
1. Service; solutions; security/ safety: How needed, necessary, and advantageous, are, some of these features? Will you use them, or, do they just, seem, cool? Are they a path to solutions to some of the challenges of home ownership, or will they, simply, replace one set of issues, with others? How secure are these devices? Much has been written about the Internet of Things (IOT), and, while, there might be advantages, be certain, the security of your system, is ensured, with a combination of encryption, etc, so a hacker, will not be able, to enter your system, and mess – up, your lives! Smart technology can enhance your safety, but, unless, it is installed properly and effectively, it won’t be as beneficial, as it can potentially be! Quality technology can also enhance the functioning of your home security system, etc.
2. Maintainance: Many areas of our houses, can be maintained, via smart technology. Some possible uses, include central, robotic vacuuming, cleaning, and early detection, of many potential issues, and challenges!
3. Access; actions: Have you ever, left your house, and worried, you didn’t turn off the oven, or close windows, or doors, etc, or armed your security alarm system? Smart houses provide this sort of remote access, in a secure, peace – of – mind manner, and permit you to perform many actions (or have these tasks performed), simply by programing it, to do so!
4. Relevant; reliable; responsive: Examine and consider, how responsive any technology, is, to the most relevant needs, etc, and whether, they will simplify matters, and help you enjoy, living there, to a greater extent. Consider the back – ups, installed and included, so your expectations are consistently met, in a truly reliable manner. Smart Maintenance
5. Trends; tasks: Do the current trends, matter to you? Which interest you, and wish are less relevant, to your needs, goals, priorities, and purposes? Will the smart devices, you opt for, make performing the tasks, you need and care about, simpler, better, and more efficient/ effective?
Are you considering making your house, a SMART home? Will you commit to doing your research, and fully examining, what makes the most sense, to you?